- Fantastic opportunity to acquire a development for three luxury apartments
- Nestled in the picturesque village of Port St Mary
- Rare opportunity for an investor to acquire a company and property ready to develop
- Each apartment will offer spectacular views across the bay, with the harbour and southern coastline in the distance
- The beach, golf course, local shops, award winning pub and eateries are only a short walk away from the site
- Development is conveiently located and can be accessed on the corner of two roads via Bay View Road and Lhargan Road
- Planning approval number 17/00976/B
Fantastic opportunity to acquire a building with planning permission to demolish and for the development of three luxury apartments on the idyllic Isle of Man nestled in the picturesque village of Port St Mary.
The Isle of Man is an island famed for the iconic TT, fabulous beaches, spectacular scenery and with a tax efficient economy including no capital gains or inheritance taxes.
This is an opportunity for an investor or developer to acquire a property ready to develop to fulfil the sustained demand from an affluent population in the Isle of Man and beyond.
The Bay View Hotel is located in the village of Port St Mary, a sought-after location in the south of the Island. Each apartment will offer spectacular views across the bay, with the harbour and southern coastline in the distance. The beach, golf course, local shops, award winning pub and eateries are only a short walk away from the site. The site is conveniently located and is accessed from the main Bay View Road from the village to the harbour.
The planning approved includes in brief to the ground floor, communal entrance lobby which can be accessed from Bay View Road and from the rear via Lhargan Road. There is lift and stair access to all levels. There are two garages, a store room and parking for each apartment including 2 spaces in tandem at the rear of the property. The three potential apartments are located over the first, second and third floor respectively. The accommodation would include three bedrooms, ensuite, family bathroom, open plan living/ kitchen with access to rear Juliet balcony and a front facing glazed balcony- taking advantage of the enviable views and aspect.
The site would be ideal for a developer looking to add a unique small apartment block in a fabulous village location. A recent extension of planning was granted, see second link below.
Click Here to View Planning Application and Documentation
Proposal: Demolition of existing building and construction of three apartments with on site parking/garages
Application Date: 12 Sep 2017
Date the decision was issued: 15 Nov 2017
Date an appeal was lodged: 1 Dec 2017
Status of the appeal: Approved at Appeal
Date the appeal was determined: 29 May 2018
Click Here to view extension of time for a further 2 years by Planning Committee
Proposal: Variation of Condition 1 of PA 17/00976/B for an extension of time for a further 4 years - VARIED TO 2 YEARS by Planning Committee
Application Date:9 Dec 2021
Date the decision was issued: 12 May 2022
- Scoill Phurt le Moirrey
- Castle Rushen
Rates Treasury - tel 01624 685661
- Building Plot
Bay View Hotel, Primrose Terrace, Port St Mary
- View more Isle of Man properties in Port St Mary
- View more Isle of Man properties in the South
- View more Isle of Man properties within the IM9 postcode
- View more Isle of Man properties in the Scoill Phurt le Moirrey primary school catchment area
- View more Isle of Man properties in the Castle Rushen secondary school catchment area