- Versatile detached property/ plot
- Benefits from a superb elevated position
- Stunning panoramic vistas over open countryside with Ramsey and Maughold village in the distance
- Nestled in approximately 3.25 acres comprising lawned gardens and paddock to one side
- The current property requires repair and full refurbishment
- Current property includes - 4 bedrooms, 2 reception rooms, 2 bathrooms and 2 separate garages
- Planning permission for erection of a detached replacement dwelling with associated driveway
- Replacement dwelling comprises a handsome Georgian style mansion with accommodation over three levels in a 'up side down' living format
- Replacement dwelling accommodation could include; five ensuite bedrooms, four reception rooms, two feature contemporary style balcony's
- Offered for sale with no onward chain
Belmont is a versatile property which benefits from a superb elevated position with stunning panoramic vistas and sea views. The impressive aspects are over open countryside with Ramsey and Maughold village in the distance. The property is nestled in approximately 3.25 acres comprising lawned gardens and paddock to one side.
The current property requires repair and full refurbishment. The accommodation currently comprises in brief; porch, entrance hallway, dining room with feature bay window, living room, separate kitchen, two ground floor bedrooms and shower room. To the first are two bedrooms with the principle bedroom enjoying superb aspects and there is a family bathroom. There are two integrally accessed garages and a externally accessed lower ground floor garden store, WC and utility area.
There is planning permission (see link below) for approval for a replacement dwelling comprising a handsome Georgian style mansion with accommodation over three levels in a 'up side down' living format. This allows for the kitchen, lounge and reception rooms to take advantage of the magnificent views. The accommodation could include; five ensuite bedrooms, four reception rooms, lift, garden store, double garage and two feature contemporary style balcony's. The rear of the property has been designed with a large array of glazing taking full advantage of the stunning aspects.
There is a recently constructed manx stone wall by Highways Services together with substantially improved drainage of the surrounding area on the roadside boundary. Planning has also been granted to amend the entrance in the adjacent field allowing for a driveway with improved visibility and ease of access.
Excerpt from Planning Application:
‘The proposed dwelling is 679.5sqm in size (or 539.3sqm if excluding the garage), representing an almost exactly 100% increase over Belmont.
The proposed dwelling would have a noticeably smaller footprint than Belmont, and would also be set a further 4.6m from the highway than Belmont - totalling some 19m from the highway.
This enables the proposed dwelling to have a ridgeline at approximately the same height as the existing dwelling, though obviously set back further from the road and therefore potentially having a greater prominent within the streetscene of 543 sq metres (5845 sq ft)'
CLICK HERE TO VIEW PLANNING PERMISSION
Application number - 20/00061/B
Proposal: Erection of a detached replacement dwelling with associated driveway
Application Date: 20 Jan 2020
Date the decision was issued: 12 Mar 2020
- Ramsey Grammar
Inclusions All fitted floor coverings
Rates Treasury tel - 01624 685661
Drainage Septic tank
Belmont, Dreemskerry Road, Maughold
- View more Isle of Man properties in Maughold
- View more Isle of Man properties in the North
- View more Isle of Man properties within the IM7 postcode
- View more Isle of Man properties in the Dhoon primary school catchment area
- View more Isle of Man properties in the Ramsey Grammar secondary school catchment area